The idea behind the onscreen touchpad is to let you use your tablet as a touchpad to control a PowerPoint or other type of presentation when a mouse, touchpad, or presentation selector is not available. When you enable this feature, you get a touch experience similar to that of a traditional trackpad, including a right and left button. This can also be useful when you need to make precision selections on applications or websites that are not very tactile.
The updated Creators brought a set of new features and enhancements, Windows 10 comes with many more interesting additions, such as the new virtual touchpad.
If you have a tablet and often use a second screen, you can manage the device with a touchpad on the screen. It is the best way to control the external monitor with a tablet, without using a mouse. With the advent of Creators Update, a Show Touchpad option is available for users of Windows 10 tablets.
Thus, in this tutorial, you will learn the steps to display the touchpad on Windows 10. This is a nice feature for users who regularly connect their tablets to a second screen.
Well, an important thing to note here is that you can turn on the virtual touchpad only for touch devices.
How to display the virtual touchpad on Windows 10
1. Locate an empty spot on the taskbar, right-click and from the options, click the Show Touchpad button to view the virtual touchpad on Windows 10.
2. This will immediately display the touchpad icon in the system tray at the far right of the taskbar. This is the same place where you will see more icons such as the Action Center network icon, and so on.
3. Finally, tap the touchpad icon and let the virtual touchpad appear on the tablet screen.
4. When the keypad is displayed, drag it to move around the screen.
5. After placing the touch pad on the screen at the desired location, you can use the OS movements for scrolling.
So that's how you can display the virtual touchpad on Windows 10 and this is only possible if you run the Creators update. This invention makes the use of the Windows 10 tablet very easy and is developed to replace the mouse when necessary. Once you have displayed the virtual touchpad on Windows 10, you can attach the tablet to an external monitor.